Instagram ads are one of the advertising or advertising activities through paid content on Instagram to reach a wider and more targeted audience. Instagram ads themselves are often used to increase brand exposure, website traffic, gather new leads. If you are familiar with the sales funnel, Instagram ads can also help move existing leads to the bottom of the funnel, namely purchases.
Don’t forget that Instagram ads are a visual platform, so ads with text will not be the main choice in placing ads on Instagram. You need images and videos to be able to attract the attention of your audience if you use Instagram ads.
Instagram ads themselves are trusted to work. According to Instagram itself, 60% of Instagram users say they find new products from this one social media. In addition, 75% said they were inspired to do an action after they saw the post on Instagram.
Just like Facebook ads, spending a little money to promote your posts can help increase exposure for your brand. Not only that, but you can also control who can see your posts.
How to make Instagram ads
One of the things you should know about Instagram Ads is that you need a Facebook account to start creating your Instagram account.
There are five ways you can start advertising on Instagram, through:
- Instagram application itself
- Facebook Ads Manager
- Facebook Power Editor
- Facebook’s Marketing API
- Instagram Partners
Of the five methods above, the easiest way to create an ad on Instagram is through the Facebook Ads Manager.
Facebook Power Editor and Facebook’s Marketing API will be more suitable for those of you who need to create Instagram ads in large quantities at the same time. Instagram Partners is for experts who can help you buy and manage your ads while creating content for you.
How to make Instagram ads through Facebook Business Manager
One of the easiest ways to create Instagram Ads is through Facebook Business Manager. Here are the ways:
Choose your Campaign Objective
The first choice you will choose is to choose the objective of your campaign. What is the purpose of your ad?
Facebook will help determine the format of your ad, bidding options, and auto-optimization to match the objectives of your campaign.
This is an objective list of available campaigns on the Facebook Ads Manager and can be used for Instagram Ads:
- Brand awareness
- Local awareness
- All installs
- Video views
- Lead generation
- Product catalog sales
- Store visits
Give your Instagram campaign the title
When you give a name to your Instagram campaign, don’t forget to add a range of dates so you can track and manage your campaigns more easily later.
Set Target Audience
In this setting, you have two choices:
- Target new Facebook audiences
- Use the audience that you have created before
Do not rush to determine the target audience because this is one of the important elements in placing an ad. The target audience also determines the cost of advertising and the success of your ad.
Adjust the placement of your ad
You choose several options to place your ad. Here are a few choices:
- Facebook News Feed (Mobile and desktop)
- On the right side of Facebook
- Audience Network
- Instant Articles
- In-stream video
Of course, for this ad, you will choose Instagram. In addition, you can also choose multiple ad placements for one ad. The following are some of the ad placements recommended by Facebook:
- Brand awareness: Facebook and Instagram
- Engagement: Facebook and Instagram
- Video views: Facebook, Instagram and Audience Network
- App installs: Facebook, Instagram and Audience Network
- Traffic (for website clicks and app engagement): Facebook and Audience Network
- Product catalog sales: Facebook and Audience Network
- Conversions: Facebook and Audience Network
Set up your Instagram advertising budget and bidding
Organizing and determining the budget and bidding for your Instagram ads is one of the important topics.
In advertising bidding, the process is the same as an auction but in this case, you want to get the attention of social media users. There are three factors that contribute to your advertising costs:
- Bidding for your Facebook ad. The more you want to pay, Facebook will be more optimal in distributing your ads. You can enter the numbers you want, but you can also do automatic bids. With automatic bids, you will indeed get a higher price. But, the more successful your Ads are, the lower the bidding price. So that with automatic bids, you can get a more optimal ad distribution.
- Relevance score. Every ad that you post on Facebook and Instagram has a relevance score or relevance value. Facebook values relevance by looking at reactions obtained by the ads themselves – both positive and negative. From this indicator, Google will adjust the relevance of your score. This relevance score has a direct effect on the cost of your advertising and how Facebook prioritizes your ads.
- Estimated action rates. Facebook also determines the estimated action rates, which are estimates of whether someone will click or do an action after seeing the ad.
Create your Instagram ads
After all, you need to choose the format of Instagram ads that you want. Instagram itself provides 7 Instagram Ads formats:
- Single image ads – This is the most commonly used format for ads. You only need an image, an image caption, and a call-to-action (CTA) button.
- Instagram carousel ads – This is a format that allows you to choose up to 10 images and videos.
- Instagram video ads – This is a video or GIF format.
- Slideshow ads – With this format, you can use up to 10 images and add music to make a video loop.
- Instagram stories image ads – After Instagram added stories to the app’s features, more people are using Instagram stories to place ads.
- Instagram stories videos ads – Instagram stories videos format allows you to upload videos of up to 15 seconds. This is an interesting way to display your product, build your branding, and attract your audience by reminding them of your offer.
After you choose the format of the ads you want, don’t forget to fill in the details of the ads such as Headline, Text, and the Call to Action (CTA) button. Then you can use the Ad Preview Tool to see how your Instagram Ads will appear. After you are happy with the results, click the place order button to submit your ad for review and publish by Instagram.
How to make a promo post on Instagram
If you want to promote existing Instagram posts, the fastest and easiest way to do this is through the Instagram application itself. However, you cannot use the application to prepare more complex campaigns or change the details of your Instagram posts before promoting it.
Before you can promote your Instagram posts directly in the application, you have to fill in a few requirements:
- You need to convert to Instagram Business Profile.
- You must be an Admin of the Facebook page that is connected to an Instagram account
- You must follow the Facebook Advertising Policy
Once you are ready, here’s how to make an Instagram promotion without leaving the application:
- Open your Instagram application
- Open your profile
- Choose the post you want to promote
- Under the heading image, tap the promote button
After that, you need to do the following:
- Choose from two available advertising goals: “Visit Your Website” (Visit your Website) or “Contact or visit your business” (Call of visiting your business)
- Fill in the details of your promotion by arranging things like Objective, Destination, Action Button, Audience, Budget, and Duration. Then click “Create Promotion”.
- ConclusionAlready know how to create ads for Instagram now? With the development of social media, advertising on social media is indeed a necessity. Now, almost every social media platform opens advertising services so you can reach a wider audience. Instagram is one of the most popular social media and is most often accessed by many people. There is nothing wrong with you advertising your product or service on this one social media. With an attractive visual display, you can certainly find potential customers or even new customers. Hopefully, this article can help you start advertising on Instagram and get satisfying results!